Ummm....HELP???
jrjake
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had internet service installed last week. The following day, I was getting error messages, identifying tech wizard as a problem. On that same day, my Internet Explorer stopped working. I called tech support, no problem...they walked me through it, done. Today, my Internet explorer stopped working again. Plus, my virus protection stopped working, somehow also related to tech wizard.  I called tech support again, as I couldn't remember how to fix this myself. Now they want to ask me a lot of technical questions and I don't know the answers. I am not a computer wiz. I just want internet service. And I can't get anywhere with your tech support. So I tried to go through the website. I can't get a live operator, because there was no submit button. So I tried to email you. But you barred any emails that have to do with tech support. So you give a phone number....and the number is disconnected??? Really? I have spent most of this day trying to find help to fix a problem you created. And I am paying for this, and now my computer has no virus protection. You had no problem taking my money for this "service".  I would like to take care of my business online, and not have to take care of your business that I have to pay for.

0 Likes
Re: Ummm....HELP???
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you install any software with the FiOS service? To be honest none of that software is even needed for the service to function. If you can get the exact name of the "Tech Wizard" program you talk about, that would help us out a bit. Sounds like you're talking of the In-Home Agent?

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

when you get to the main forums page

http://forums.verizon.com/

There is a Contact Us link just above the announcements column on the top right.  You' find all the contact methods there.

The phone number you are looking for is 1-800-verizon i.e. 1-800-837-4966

0 Likes
jrjake
Enthusiast - Level 2

The installer did something with my computer, and I don't know what that was. Had I known he was installing something I would have asked about it. I am trying to find out the exact name of the text wizard. I think it said on the error message "techwizard. exe". I don't know what the In-Home Agent is.

Thanks...

jrjake

0 Likes
jrjake
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to this link before, but I thought I would try it again...and finally got onto the live chat where i have spent the past 2 hours. They are convinced it is internet explorer causing the problem. I disagree, as the error messages are about this tech wizard. I had googled that, and it says many times over that the add on, tech wizard, is from verizon or fios. I did as they said, but am holding my breath that this problem will be resolved now and the tech wizard is gone. So I will hold off on clicking the resolved  button for a few days. I am now re installing my virus program. Thanks for your help.

jrjake