Re: Unable to Stream Video on Windows Media Player RTSP Protocol
nabber00
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke too soon, I am still having issues with Netflix in bridge mode.  I also had a DMZ IP address set incorrectly and that seems to have caused other problems.

As for RTSP in particular, its been my experience that VLC seems to handle dropped packets and other network problems better than some of the other media players.  So it may be masking any network problems that exist.

Re: Unable to Stream Video on Windows Media Player RTSP Protocol
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For those having drop-out issues: Run an NPAD test.

http://npad.iupui.donar.measurement-lab.org:8000/ 

The above link should redirect you to the nearest testing server. What you need to go to start the test up is to tell it your max subscribed speed to the nearest Megabit. From there, you need to ping the server address the link above takes you to. The result you get in Milliseconds is what you should fill in for the RTT form. From there, press Start and allow it to proceed with the test. Post up the results you get on this forum.

The test relies on UDP data, so it will attempt to max your connection out and it will also be able to pick up on packet loss while transferring data. For NICs that don't handle UDP data nicely coming in at high rates of speed, this test might make them reset.

0 Likes