Unable to access Verizon email after switching portal to Yahoo
KeithWeisshar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unable to access my email after switching portal to Yahoo.  I set my email client to incoming.yahoo.verizon.net for POP3 and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net for SMTP after switching the portal to Yahoo.  I tried logging with the same username and password and it says invalid password.  I even tried logging to mail.verizon.net and get invalid ID and password and when I made too many attempts my account got locked out for 12 hours.  I contacted Verizon support via chat and they said the account is in the process of being migrated to Yahoo and that can take up to 24 hours.  Once the portal is switched to Yahoo, I can no longer use Verizon's email server since my email account is being migrated to Yahoo's email server.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to access Verizon email after switching portal to Yahoo
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@KeithWeisshar wrote:

I am unable to access my email after switching portal to Yahoo.  I set my email client to incoming.yahoo.verizon.net for POP3 and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net for SMTP after switching the portal to Yahoo.  I tried logging with the same username and password and it says invalid password.  I even tried logging to mail.verizon.net and get invalid ID and password and when I made too many attempts my account got locked out for 12 hours.  I contacted Verizon support via chat and they said the account is in the process of being migrated to Yahoo and that can take up to 24 hours.  Once the portal is switched to Yahoo, I can no longer use Verizon's email server since my email account is being migrated to Yahoo's email server.

Sounds like exactly what should happen. the migration to Yahoo can take up to 24 hours, so you wont be able to access email until the switch is made. After the switch is done, you do have the correct servers set (incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net). And they are correct in that you will not be able to use mail.verizon.net any longer. Your switching to yahoo servers. For web based access you will now go to mail.yahoo.com.  your Verizon/yahoo username is

(your username)@verizon.net  (you do need to use the whole email address) and then your verizon password. This will sign you into the Yahoo/verizon email system.

0 Likes
KeithWeisshar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also getting a server unavailable, please try again later message when I try to access the verizon.net account and it gets redirected to the yahoo page.

0 Likes
KeithWeisshar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I switched the portal from Yahoo to AOL the next day and my email now works again using incoming.verizon.net and outgoing.verizon.net.  I was unable to access the Yahoo email with incoming.yahoo.verizon.net and outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net with portal set to Yahoo and it kept bouncing when someone tries to send me email.  My email access was restored on the Verizon email server immediately after switching portal to AOL.  I had previously had Yahoo with my DSL service and then deleted my Yahoo ID after switching to Live.

0 Likes