Switch Account

Unable to access a particular web site via FOS

Unable to access a particular web site via FOS

Copper Contributor ALarryR
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(898 Views)

This problem started a week or so ago.  Using different computers (Windows or MAC) I am not able to access the web site www.vibeconference.com which is using IP Address 74.208.213.17 using any of several browsers, Explorer, Firefox, Safari.  In addition, I am not able to ping the url or IP address, I just get timeouts.

All of the above occurs when I use a computer connected to my FIOS Service.  I can access this url just fine using my Cell Phone which uses Verizon Wireless or my wife's using AT&T Wireless

I have tried using OpenDNS's DNS Servers, same problem.  I am baffled by the fact that it only happens with this one web site (that I know of).

I have power cycled my router, checked its settings, no luck.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II
Message 2 of 5
(895 Views)

I do see that I can't access the site directly.  If I use a Proxy I can.

They may be using GeoIP blocking

Contact the site owner and/or 1&1 Internet.

The Lithium Software sux !!
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(867 Views)

That site may be blocking a group of IPs due to a previous hacker. Like Dlipman said contact the site admins and confirm.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(861 Views)

Thanks DLipman for the input.  How do I use a proxy to access the site?

Thanks

Copper Contributor
Message 5 of 5
(856 Views)

OK, I figured out how to use a Free Web Proxy and am able to navigate to the web site.  I am still baffled by what is causing the block but I guess that is the hosting companies issue or some issue between them and Verizon.  I also left my router off overnight so that I would get a different IP address which I did.  So it is not my particular IP address which is getting blocked but probably a range belonging to Verizon.
Larry

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.