Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Unable to cancel order placed in error via chat

miss_chalet
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to cancel order placed in error via chat

Message 1 of 4
(633 Views)

Due to a technical error, an order was placed for a 2 year contract (my current contact ends February 7). I immediately contacted Verizon via chat and they insisted they were unable to cancel this order and to call tomorrow. I have a terrible feeling about the response I'll receive. 

Has as anyone had success in a situation like this? How do I best elevate this to get this order canceled?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jonjones
Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Unable to cancel order placed in error via chat

Message 2 of 4
(605 Views)

@miss_chalet wrote:

Due to a technical error, an order was placed for a 2 year contract (my current contact ends February 7). I immediately contacted Verizon via chat and they insisted they were unable to cancel this order and to call tomorrow. I have a terrible feeling about the response I'll receive. 

Has as anyone had success in a situation like this? How do I best elevate this to get this order canceled?

Thanks

Simply call 1-800-VERIZON and speak to a rep. Make sure to insist that the order be cancelled. Most states have a cooling off period on contracts etc. for goods and services. Albeit I would tell them if they refuse to honor your decision contact your state public utilities commission or States Attorney Generals Office.

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(580 Views)

In most states, the cooling off period is only applicable if the salesman comes to your house.

Miss Chalet, are you trying to not have a two year contract?

Or is it just something within the contract (ie TV package, etc) that you don't like?

I believe for new customers there is a 30 day cancellation period. Not sure if that also works for customers signing new contracts.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 4 of 4
(574 Views)

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title