Unable to cancel order placed in error via chat
miss_chalet
Enthusiast - Level 1

Due to a technical error, an order was placed for a 2 year contract (my current contact ends February 7). I immediately contacted Verizon via chat and they insisted they were unable to cancel this order and to call tomorrow. I have a terrible feeling about the response I'll receive. 

Has as anyone had success in a situation like this? How do I best elevate this to get this order canceled?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Unable to cancel order placed in error via chat
jonjones1
Legend

@miss_chalet wrote:

Due to a technical error, an order was placed for a 2 year contract (my current contact ends February 7). I immediately contacted Verizon via chat and they insisted they were unable to cancel this order and to call tomorrow. I have a terrible feeling about the response I'll receive. 

Has as anyone had success in a situation like this? How do I best elevate this to get this order canceled?

Thanks

Simply call 1-800-VERIZON and speak to a rep. Make sure to insist that the order be cancelled. Most states have a cooling off period on contracts etc. for goods and services. Albeit I would tell them if they refuse to honor your decision contact your state public utilities commission or States Attorney Generals Office.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

In most states, the cooling off period is only applicable if the salesman comes to your house.

Miss Chalet, are you trying to not have a two year contract?

Or is it just something within the contract (ie TV package, etc) that you don't like?

I believe for new customers there is a 30 day cancellation period. Not sure if that also works for customers signing new contracts.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes