Unable to connect to bestbuy.com
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Anyone else not able to connect to bestbuy.com

From my work laptop connected via VPN to my company I can access bestbuy.com through that connection.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to connect to bestbuy.com
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I tried greensurf.  It was very slow but the page loaded.  Now I just went directly to bestbuy.com and now its working fine.  It was down most of the morning.  Guess a routing issue with my subnet.

Thanks, Jim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

No problem for me. My IP address is in the range 173.74.x.x, what is yours? You can get to other sites ok?

My guess is that you are now on an IP address range that Verizon has recently acquired that formerly had SPAMers or other bad guys using it, and Best Buy or some router in between you and them has that address range in a Bogon filter that is stopping you. If this is the problem, it will eventually go away as the webmasters learn that this range is now ok, or you can try a trace route to see where you are being stopped and then try to contact their tech support.

Keller, TX 76248

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I can get everywhere else ok.  My IP is 74.101.xx.xx

I think it must be some sort of routing issue with Verizon because right now the page begins to load the page headers and then stops.  I've used different browsers and cleared cache and no difference.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

go to bestbuy.com through greensurf.info (web proxy) 

if it gets there just fine than it's an issue with your ip  if it struggles using that site too, then you're probably onto something with the routing and the DNS. 

you've kinda already done some of this through your VPN, so my guess is that it's the IP address you got. 

jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I tried greensurf.  It was very slow but the page loaded.  Now I just went directly to bestbuy.com and now its working fine.  It was down most of the morning.  Guess a routing issue with my subnet.

Thanks, Jim

0 Likes