Unable to connect wireless printer
Pablito1

I have a Samsung SCX3405FW printer which will not connect to my network. Prior to switching to Fios I had no issues. I have tried using the wireless assistant set-up and recieve an error message "invalid network security". I have also tried the WPS method. I have rebooted the Quantum Gateway router with no difference. I can only use the printer via USB connection.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to connect wireless printer
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung SCX3405FW Wireless Printer

Wireless network setup

Good Luck with your research…this should have your answer

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201412/20141224153829894/EN/english/english/manual/BABB...

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Most wireless printers must first be set up via a USB connection with the printers setup disk or online drivers.

if the printer has a user interface you may be to also do a manual setup via looking for the network id and then select it and put in the proper password for your new wifi. The older router/modem (if from cable) would have had a different ssid then the one the Fios routers wifi now is.

setting your printer up with the setup disk would find the correct ssid assigned IP address and you would then need the wifi password for the fios wifi.

It is actually easier doing what I am telling you to do by actually doing it.

Your printer drivers can also be downloaded from the printers web site. Just run it and follow the directions.

Good Luck

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader
jonjones1
Legend

That is a great link. I should have given a link but was so busy telling how to do it than sending them to the site to get step by step instructions. 

0 Likes
Pablito1

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, as of now nothing seems to work. I tried 3 different methods for connecting the printer to the network, wireless easy setup, wps buttons on printer and router and manual set up from printer. I've tried changing security settings on the router and rebooting printer and router. Interestingly, the printer worked fine when I had fios previously  with a different generation router.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung SCX3405FW Wireless Printer

Wireless network setup

Good Luck with your research…this should have your answer

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201412/20141224153829894/EN/english/english/manual/BABB...

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
WillEqualsWay

Make sure your secondary network (the Fios network without the -5K at the end) hasn't been turned off/disabled.  Our 5K network was the only one enabled and the printer would not locate it (even when connected via ethernet cord).  As soon as I enabled the seconday line the printer detected the network.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You are replying to a year old post. It was answered already.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes