Unable to download WiFi software
Patrice
For the past 3 weeks I've been trying to download the software necessary to access the free WiFi service. The server is always unavailable and I've tried at different times of the day, different days of the week. Any suggestions? I have 20/15 FiOS and should qualify but I can't even get to the site to download the software. HELP!
0 Likes
Re: Unable to download WiFi software
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

What operating system are you running?

Are you going to Verizon Central and signing in with your Verizon online user name and password?

At that point you would click the Wifi link and download the software. 

Message Edited by FIOSTechJoe on 08-24-2009 09:35 AM
0 Likes
Patrice
I am running Windows XP. I did exactly as you said. Went to Verizon Central. Signed in. Clicked on WiFi link. It very briefly goes to the page telling about the WiFi service and then goes to a "server is busy, try back later" page. This happened over and over again. Now the WiFi link is no longer on the Verizon Central home page. I'm not sure where to find it now.
0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1
Have you ever created a primary user name for this account? Have you ever logged into your email at VZ Central?  If not I can walk you through setting this up and we can go from there just send me a private message if you like.
0 Likes
Patrice
I've got a primary user name and have logged into my VZ email account. I have full access to everything in my account and I'm a regular Internet user.
0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

Can you send me your User ID Verizon Online name so I can have a look and see what may be the cause.  Please feel free to send in a private message. Thanks.

0 Likes
Patrice

I don't know how to send you a private email message.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

@Patrice wrote:

I don't know how to send you a private email message.

To send a private message, click on the username of the member you'd like to send a PM to.  In their profile on the right hand side, you will see the link "Send this user a private message".  Click that and the PM window opens up, just as it does for posting your messages on the forums.

Type your message and click the "Send message" button at the bottom of the text window.

0 Likes