Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Unable to download WiFi software

Patrice
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to download WiFi software

Message 1 of 8
(8,665 Views)
For the past 3 weeks I've been trying to download the software necessary to access the free WiFi service. The server is always unavailable and I've tried at different times of the day, different days of the week. Any suggestions? I have 20/15 FiOS and should qualify but I can't even get to the site to download the software. HELP!
7 REPLIES 7
VZ_JoeD
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Unable to download WiFi software

Message 2 of 8
(8,581 Views)

What operating system are you running?

Are you going to Verizon Central and signing in with your Verizon online user name and password?

At that point you would click the Wifi link and download the software. 

Message Edited by FIOSTechJoe on 08-24-2009 09:35 AM

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.Follow us on Twitter™!

Patrice
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 8
(8,571 Views)
I am running Windows XP. I did exactly as you said. Went to Verizon Central. Signed in. Clicked on WiFi link. It very briefly goes to the page telling about the WiFi service and then goes to a "server is busy, try back later" page. This happened over and over again. Now the WiFi link is no longer on the Verizon Central home page. I'm not sure where to find it now.
VZ_JoeD
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 8
(8,558 Views)
Have you ever created a primary user name for this account? Have you ever logged into your email at VZ Central?  If not I can walk you through setting this up and we can go from there just send me a private message if you like.

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.Follow us on Twitter™!

Patrice
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 8
(8,550 Views)
I've got a primary user name and have logged into my VZ email account. I have full access to everything in my account and I'm a regular Internet user.
VZ_JoeD
Employee Emeritus

Message 6 of 8
(8,462 Views)

Can you send me your User ID Verizon Online name so I can have a look and see what may be the cause.  Please feel free to send in a private message. Thanks.

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Patrice
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 8
(8,447 Views)

I don't know how to send you a private email message.

KaLin
Moderator Moderator

Message 8 of 8
(8,441 Views)

@Patrice wrote:

I don't know how to send you a private email message.

To send a private message, click on the username of the member you'd like to send a PM to.  In their profile on the right hand side, you will see the link "Send this user a private message".  Click that and the PM window opens up, just as it does for posting your messages on the forums.

Type your message and click the "Send message" button at the bottom of the text window.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.