Switch Account

Unable to log-in, even with temporary passwords.

Unable to log-in, even with temporary passwords.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor JHA
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(3,188 Views)

Recently I cannot log-in to Verizon FiOS site.  Though I can enter my ID and see the security image, I only see the message that my password does not match.  But I did not change my password.

I understand that "I did not change my password" does not sound very reliable.  But when I chose "Forgot your password" and got temporary passwords, it happened again.  First time, I received it with phone text message, and next time I received it with my e-mail account - I Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V'ed the password, so it cannot be a keyboard issue such as the caps lock, though I cannot imagine a keyboard issue in entering digits-only passwords, anyway. 

Do you have ideas that can cause this kind of issue or how to handle it?  I tried Ask Verizon, but only wandered among meaningless FAQ items.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(3,177 Views)

@JHA wrote:

Recently I cannot log-in to Verizon FiOS site.  Though I can enter my ID and see the security image, I only see the message that my password does not match.  But I did not change my password.

I understand that "I did not change my password" does not sound very reliable.  But when I chose "Forgot your password" and got temporary passwords, it happened again.  First time, I received it with phone text message, and next time I received it with my e-mail account - I Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V'ed the password, so it cannot be a keyboard issue such as the caps lock, though I cannot imagine a keyboard issue in entering digits-only passwords, anyway. 

Do you have ideas that can cause this kind of issue or how to handle it?  I tried Ask Verizon, but only wandered among meaningless FAQ items.

Thank you.

Awhile back the password not working happened to me at Verizon Wireless in which each time I logged in and entered my password it would not let me in. I did the forgot password feature and then it let me in, but on next log in after I changed the password (I just used my old one again) I again had access.

however I called Verizon wireless and told them to knock it off. The rep said it was a web portal snafu and it would be corrected. It was and it works.

in Fios call 1-800-VERIZON and tell them to set it to the password you want.

their tech service can do this.

Good Luck

Contributor stuartl
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(2,746 Views)

I just want to add my name to people who find logging into verizon a constant battle.  The worst part of a terrible website.  I don't know how many times I haven't changed my account or made purchases because it was just to painful

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.