Unable to log-in, even with temporary passwords.
JHA6

Recently I cannot log-in to Verizon FiOS site.  Though I can enter my ID and see the security image, I only see the message that my password does not match.  But I did not change my password.

I understand that "I did not change my password" does not sound very reliable.  But when I chose "Forgot your password" and got temporary passwords, it happened again.  First time, I received it with phone text message, and next time I received it with my e-mail account - I Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V'ed the password, so it cannot be a keyboard issue such as the caps lock, though I cannot imagine a keyboard issue in entering digits-only passwords, anyway. 

Do you have ideas that can cause this kind of issue or how to handle it?  I tried Ask Verizon, but only wandered among meaningless FAQ items.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to log-in, even with temporary passwords.
jonjones1
Legend

@JHA wrote:

Recently I cannot log-in to Verizon FiOS site.  Though I can enter my ID and see the security image, I only see the message that my password does not match.  But I did not change my password.

I understand that "I did not change my password" does not sound very reliable.  But when I chose "Forgot your password" and got temporary passwords, it happened again.  First time, I received it with phone text message, and next time I received it with my e-mail account - I Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V'ed the password, so it cannot be a keyboard issue such as the caps lock, though I cannot imagine a keyboard issue in entering digits-only passwords, anyway. 

Do you have ideas that can cause this kind of issue or how to handle it?  I tried Ask Verizon, but only wandered among meaningless FAQ items.

Thank you.

Awhile back the password not working happened to me at Verizon Wireless in which each time I logged in and entered my password it would not let me in. I did the forgot password feature and then it let me in, but on next log in after I changed the password (I just used my old one again) I again had access.

however I called Verizon wireless and told them to knock it off. The rep said it was a web portal snafu and it would be corrected. It was and it works.

in Fios call 1-800-VERIZON and tell them to set it to the password you want.

their tech service can do this.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@JHA wrote:

Thank you.

Awhile back the password not working happened to me at Verizon Wireless in which each time I logged in and entered my password it would not let me in. I did the forgot password feature and then it let me in, but on next log in after I changed the password (I just used my old one again) I again had access.

however I called Verizon wireless and told them to knock it off. The rep said it was a web portal snafu and it would be corrected. It was and it works.

in Fios call 1-800-VERIZON and tell them to set it to the password you want.

their tech service can do this.

Good Luck

stuartl1

I just want to add my name to people who find logging into verizon a constant battle.  The worst part of a terrible website.  I don't know how many times I haven't changed my account or made purchases because it was just to painful

0 Likes