Unable to login to Gateway
Apesbrain1
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I enter 192.168.1.1 I get the page below which is not the gateway login.  Entering my gateway login credentials on this page does not work.  I have rebooted/power cycled the gateway multiple times to no avail.  What is this page and how can I get to the proper gateway login?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to login to Gateway
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Looks like the login page to the rev I router.

Do you have the g1100 router?

0 Likes
Apesbrain1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I have the G1100.  This page is intermittent.  Sometimes I get this red login page on which my login credentials do not work.  Other times I get the familiar white login page on which my credentials are accepted.  It is totally unpredictable and if I get the red page sometimes changing to a different browser (e.g. IE to Firefox) will allow me to access the white page.  Also, I've administered this router many times and never had any issues with pages being rendered and settings being saved.  Now, even if I do manage to login to the correct page, I may have to try several times before I can save changed settings.

I just got off the phone with VZ support and they talked me through power cycling the router while they reset it at their end.  They also rebooted the ONT.  Still I am unable maintain a VPN connection for more than 30 seconds.

Their suggestion is that I need to replace the router which is disappointing given that I purchased it and it is only 13 months old.  Would you agree?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Do you have a wired or a wireless connection this NAT router?

#2 If you have a wireless connection, is there any:

a) other computers that is in your house (or other location) that can get a wired connection?

b) way that your computer could be connected to the NAT router by wire?

Note by wire is not limited to only ethernet. There is also using power grid, using existing TV Cable (called Moca), and using existing phone line (but not dial-up or DSL as examples) - as examples.

0 Likes
Apesbrain1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The computer I use for managing the gateway is connected by wire.

The disconnects I've been experiencing are on both wired and wireless computers.  Seems to be the WAN/internet connection that is unstable.  Streaming music from another PC on the network works fine; connecting to internet radio stations and Pandora cuts out after several seconds.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

No other verizon router?  Certainly looks like the logon page for one of the Actiontec routers.  Not getting a neighbors router wirelessly? 

Obviously if  you are reaching some other router by mistake all sorts of unexpected results can occur.  If you have multiple Verizon routers configured on your network (I have two) you have to be careful how they are configured.

Apesbrain1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for all the help.  I've determined that a faulty powerline device in my network was the source of the problem.  I removed it and am now able to administer the gateway.  That red page will remain a puzzle; does the ONT box have a login?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Almost looks like  a cached page.

Have you tried clearing cache on web browser?

You don't happen to have more than one router?

Apesbrain1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The G1100 is the only Verizon router I've ever owned.

0 Likes