Unable to print wirelessly after installing VISS
cempire5

After installing VISS, I am unable to print wirelessly.  I have already uninstalled/reinstalled the printer/driver.  The Lexmark website's wireless troubleshooting indicates that a firewall is blocking it and instructs two codes be added to the firewall exceptions page.  Unfortunately, I am unable to add these as I can only choose from a predetermined list of programs.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to print wirelessly after installing VISS
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cempire5 wrote:

After installing VISS, I am unable to print wirelessly.  I have already uninstalled/reinstalled the printer/driver.  The Lexmark website's wireless troubleshooting indicates that a firewall is blocking it and instructs two codes be added to the firewall exceptions page.  Unfortunately, I am unable to add these as I can only choose from a predetermined list of programs.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Presumably by two codes you mean two ports?

Never seen VISS but unless it's radically different to any other security package you must be able to enter user defined ports or services.  There isn't anything in the list of services indicating such a thing or possibly advanced settings?

Re: Unable to print wirelessly after installing VISS
Hubrisnxs
Legend

it's under

internet and network -> configure ->advanced

there you can do system services  and then add and you can define ports there.  it has add / edit / remove

if it's just permissions for a program then that would be under program permissions.

0 Likes