Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Unable to print wirelessly after installing VISS

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to print wirelessly after installing VISS

Message 1 of 3
(3,023 Views)

After installing VISS, I am unable to print wirelessly.  I have already uninstalled/reinstalled the printer/driver.  The Lexmark website's wireless troubleshooting indicates that a firewall is blocking it and instructs two codes be added to the firewall exceptions page.  Unfortunately, I am unable to add these as I can only choose from a predetermined list of programs.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Unable to print wirelessly after installing VISS

Message 2 of 3
(2,962 Views)

@cempire5 wrote:

After installing VISS, I am unable to print wirelessly.  I have already uninstalled/reinstalled the printer/driver.  The Lexmark website's wireless troubleshooting indicates that a firewall is blocking it and instructs two codes be added to the firewall exceptions page.  Unfortunately, I am unable to add these as I can only choose from a predetermined list of programs.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Presumably by two codes you mean two ports?

Never seen VISS but unless it's radically different to any other security package you must be able to enter user defined ports or services.  There isn't anything in the list of services indicating such a thing or possibly advanced settings?

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Unable to print wirelessly after installing VISS

Message 3 of 3
(2,938 Views)

it's under

internet and network -> configure ->advanced

there you can do system services  and then add and you can define ports there.  it has add / edit / remove

if it's just permissions for a program then that would be under program permissions.

1294iE9EF441FCBD3A876

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.