Switch Account

Unable to reach SunTrust.com or use SunTrust mobile app using Fios or wifi

Unable to reach SunTrust.com or use SunTrust mobile app using Fios or wifi

Contributor kiwi703
Contributor

For the last few days, I've been unable to use the SunTrust mobile app over my home wifi, or reach suntrust.com on the PC at home. The app tells me it doesn't have an internet connection when I try to log in. Using Edge, Chrome and Firefox, I get different variations of "site cannot be reached" when I try to log in. If I switch off wifi and use cellular service, the mobile app works fine. If I disconnect the Ethernet port on my PC and connect to the Internet using Bluetooth through my phone to cellular, the PC's work fine. If I use wifi on the phone at a hotspot, it works there, too. The common denominator in it not working is my Fios internet service. What gives?

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor III Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

That is a strange one, I would recommend doing a tracert on your PC and seeing if you can get Tech Support to help out with that.

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Have you tried rebooting the router?

Can you do a traceroute on PC to suntrust.com?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.