Unable to reach one web site on FIOS internet - I was able to get to it last week
jimk521

I have been a FIOS internet subscriber for a few years and I generally find it fast and problem free. For the last couple of days I have been unable to access one site that my family uses often.  No device in my home that access the internet through my FIOS router can access this site but we can access it through our Verizon Wireless internet and friends who have FIOS can access it.

I spent over an hour with Verizon support last night who decided that I need a new router and are sending me one but this makes no sense to me. I can access every other site I try to and did not have this problem a few days ago.

Any thoughts??

0 Likes
Re: Unable to reach one web site on FIOS internet - I was able to get to it last week
prisaz
Legend

@jimk521 wrote:

I have been a FIOS internet subscriber for a few years and I generally find it fast and problem free. For the last couple of days I have been unable to access one site that my family uses often.  No device in my home that access the internet through my FIOS router can access this site but we can access it through our Verizon Wireless internet and friends who have FIOS can access it.

I spent over an hour with Verizon support last night who decided that I need a new router and are sending me one but this makes no sense to me. I can access every other site I try to and did not have this problem a few days ago.

Any thoughts??

If Verizon was unable to remotely access the settings in your router and resolve the issue, one of three things has happened.

1. The router needs a hard reset by pressing the reset button located on the back of the router. Resetting everything back to the factory settings.

2. Someone has gotten into the router through malicious code from a web site and made changes. (Possible if you had the default password) Performing #1 should have resolved the issue. If not, then #3 is possible.

3.  The router has gone bad. Take the new router. It is probably a better router, and depending on the packing slip, you may or may not be required to send the old one back, depending on the age and revision.

PS.

I agree with Hubrisnxs. Check to see if something is blocking it. But upgraded GEN 2 routers are GOOD if you have an older one. Plus free stuff is always good.Smiley LOL Plus I have read somewhere if you are lucky you might get the REV. F which is draft N and a little better than G wireless.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to reach one web site on FIOS internet - I was able to get to it last week
Hubrisnxs
Legend

can you access the site with www.megaproxy.com/freesurf    ?

jimk521

Thanks

I can access through proxies - I should have mentioned that

also, the hard reset was already done with the Verizon support person

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you know if by any chance your IP address changed before the site became inaccessible? What is the first octet of your Public IP address for reference? For example, 192.168.***.*** . It's possible you might have wound up on a new IP Block and you're coming across an issue with BOGAN filters. A traceroute to the affected website will help show this.

You can find your IP address at: http://www.whatismyip.com/

Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you can access it through a proxy then verizon is doing their part - providing you a path from point a to b 

Sounds like the website is blocking your ip to me.  email their admin.   

jimk521

my IP is 173.63.*.*

I emailed the hosting company for the site I am trying to reach to see if they could make a change on their end

I don't know how to tell if this address is on a blocke list. Can you tell me?

Thanks again

0 Likes