Unable to run Mac version of FiOS Installer. Says my version of OS X not supported
GothamNurse

I am running OS X 10.6.1. The Verizon FiOS installer won't let me continue the activation process because it says the OS isn't supported. How do I go about creating email accounts/user ids and downloading Verizon software in light of this?

Thanks

Matt

0 Likes
Re: Unable to run Mac version of FiOS Installer. Says my version of OS X not supported
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

The way to set up your primary email address is to log into Verizon Central (verizon.net) and go to the My Account page. There will be a spot there to set up your username, which will be your email address. When your account is created, Verizon assigns it what they call a "vzid" - This will start with either "vze" or "res" and then several numbers and/or letters. You will need this to log in the first time. If you do not have this id, you may have to call tech support to get it. They can also reset the default password for you if you need it to get in initially.

Once this is set up, at the bottom of the My Account page there is a link for setting up sub accounts.

Not sure what specific software you are looking for, but if you let me know I can probably find you a direct link to get it. (And if I can't, there's a high probability that someone else on the board can.)

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: Unable to run Mac version of FiOS Installer. Says my version of OS X not supported
GothamNurse

Unfortunately, that 'My Accounts' page forces a download of the software that doesn't currently work, when I click to register...

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

You shouldn't be clicking a registration link. Your account already exists, it just doesn't have a username on it. You should be able to log in with the default vzid and password for your account.

0 Likes
GothamNurse

I was never given a vzid when the FiOS installer left this morning. I suppose this is something I have to call technical support about then.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

"If you do not have this id, you may have to call tech support to get it. They can also reset the default password for you if you need it to get in initially."

Pretty much, although one of the Verizon employees that watches these forums might be able to assist.

Best of luck!

jjvornov

I have the same problem. My installer told me that I have 30 days to activate. I'm going to try on a windows computer soon. I don't need any software that I know of.

0 Likes
ArleneS

I had FIOS installed 2 days ago. I also upgraded my Mac  to Snow Leopard and no matter what we tried my FIOS could not be activated on my Mac. First the tech activated it on his computer and then we used one of my Windows XP laptops.That worked but I would prefer to have the icons on my Mac.

I don't know if earlier versions of the Mac OS have the same problem. I have a friend who is running Tiger and says she had no problems.

0 Likes
ArleneS

You don't need software. Just go to activatemyfios.verizon.net and follow instructions.

0 Likes