Unauthorized Change in Service Plan and Charged Setup Fee
taewan88
Enthusiast - Level 2

IMPORTANT! I reviewed my payment history On December 12, 2016, and found that my plan was upgraded without notice and I paid a setup fee for the plan which supposed to be waived.

On May 15th, 2016, I made an order to move my existing service to new address. I received a confirmation through the email, and it clearly shows that the plan I requested is Fios Internet 50/50, and the setup fee of $80 is Waived.

The new installation was performed on June 18th, 2016 as scheduled. Since then, I was charged for the setup fee of $80 separated over three months. In addition, my plan was upgraded to 75/75 without notice. Because of this upgrade, I have been paid extra $10 every month for last 7 months.

I talked about this matter through the Chat on Verizon's website and customer representative (Jessica) confirmed that there were two changes on my order. According to her, there was an initial order for 50/50 plan without setup fee on May 15th, 2016. This order was the one I made. She also said that "someone" made a change on my order on June 18, and the order was changed to 75/75 plan with the setup fee. She said she cannot confirm who was the one made such change.

According to Verizon's customer representative, someone made an unauthorized change in my Verizon Fios order, and I was overcharged by Verizon due to the unauthorized change. I am requesting Version to investigate who was the person made such a change on my order. The change was unauthorized and has caused and can cause serious and negative consequences for me. Due to this unauthorized change, I had a financial loss and may have been a victim of identity theft.  

I have already tried to reach Verizon through the phone multiple times and requested for call back service. However, no one has come back to me about this matter. PLEASE RESPONSE TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized Change in Service Plan and Charged Setup Fee
jonjones1
Legend

Unfortunately this is a peer to peer forum.

i am sure a moderator will forward to their proper department.

there is a Verizon Direct forum at http://www.dslreports.com which seems to be rated excellent in customer assistance.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Unauthorized Change in Service Plan and Charged Setup Fee
ThiaB
Moderator Emeritus

Hi taewan88,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes