quick menu

Underground Service

Underground Service

Contributor Trenchdigger
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(191 Views)

What size conduit do I need to install if I want to bring Fios into my house underground?  I am installing a new driveway and want to lay the conduit in place before I put down the blacktop.  I would then be able to pull the Fios cable through the conduit and into the house at a later date.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 2 of 3
(170 Views)

A one inch would be plenty.

But if you might have other cables needed over time, maybe run larger or multiple conduits. If it is not too long, going to a 2 or 3 inch conduit wouldn't be that much more.

Biggest thing is keeping track of where it is if you aren't going to use it right away.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
MVP Edg1 MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3
(129 Views)

If it has one of the bigger heads you need at least 1” 1/4 to get the fiber through. Like the previous poster said you could go bigger for additional wires. And don’t forget you can’t mix communication wires with electric so if electric also needs to be ran you’ll need an additional conduit run. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios