Unexpected vacation fee!
MovingOnNow
Money is tight for me these days and so I had to switch from FiOS to cable despite liking the FiOS service because cable was 1/2 the cost. When I called up to cancel, the representative was very polite and said she was sorry to see me go. She asked if I was interested in putting my service into vacation mode in case I was unhappy with the cable service and wanted to switch back. She said it like it was a standard offer to departing customers, so I decided to do it just in case. HOWEVER, she didn't mention that there was a $35 fee for vacation mode, so I didn't find that out until my next bill. It really felt like a dirty trick to me. I called up and explained the situation to a representative, but he just kept saying that the charge was correct and that I actually had a credit (because Verizon had already billed me for the next month and then credited back the part after vacation mode started). I don't see any other way to complain directly to Verizon about this. If nothing else, hopefully this post can other people -- do not accept vacation mode if you decide to switch providers, and more generally if Verizon offers you anything ask if it has a fee because they will not necessarily tell you.
0 Likes