Unhappy long-time customer - Pls empower your employees - Early contract term
esalanga
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had Verizon Fios for several years...and when my company restructured, I was out of a job.  I changed my bundle plan to be more affordable.  When I was hired with a new company in an enitirely different city, Verizon was not available or offered, thereby not allowing for transfer of services, and eventual need for cancellation.

I understand the early termination is contractual, and agreed upon, but there should be some employee empowerment to give exception in the situation of those that can't transfer service, and have to cancel.  Instead, I was repeatedly given the line, "I'm sorry, your situation is not one of the contractual exceptions. It is in the contract".  

It truly is unfortunate that the last parting gesture of Verizon on a long-time customer, who had no problem staying with Verizon, is to charge a gouging-feeling fee.  Going forward, I cannot, in good faith, recommend Verizon to any prospective customer, for their technical services, knowing their consumer-relations services seems based solely on the dollar.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unhappy long-time customer - Pls empower your employees - Early contract term
esalanga
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Elizabeth,

Unfortunately, my issue has not been satisfactorily resolved, and I understand that there is nothing that can be done.

Please enjoy your week.

View solution in original post

Re: Unhappy long-time customer - Pls empower your employees - Early contract term
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello esalanga, As stated this issue has been answered in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else.

-Mitchell

0 Likes
esalanga
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Mitchel.  I appreciate you opening up my account to repost.  I understand you are doing your job, and I have no complaint with that.  Have a great weekend.

0 Likes
esalanga
Enthusiast - Level 2

This chart was posted by another member on a similar "unhappiness" issue.  When the customer said they would be leaving Verizon for another provider, they were told to enjoy their service with an even worse company.  Just to clarify the poorness of expectation...Being a C- student in a class of D- to D+ students, doesn't make you a smart person.  It makes you slightly more intelligent than the 65ish percent of people that are near failure.  

0 Likes
esalanga
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Elizabeth,

Unfortunately, my issue has not been satisfactorily resolved, and I understand that there is nothing that can be done.

Please enjoy your week.