Uninstall In Home Agent from a Mac
gett1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been unable to identify how to uninstall In Home Agent on my iMac. Can someone identify the main filename for this program?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Uninstall In Home Agent from a Mac
Scott_r1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used the uninstall application AppDelete, and it found several additional things to remove: assocated with VerizonInHomeAgent.app were

Users>Library>Cache.com.Verizon.IHA

Users>Library>Preferences/com.Verizon.IHA.plist

Users>Library>Saved Application State/com.Verizon.IHA.savedState

assocated with VerizonUpdateCenter.app was

Users/Library/Caches/VDSI.Verizon.Update.Center

View solution in original post

0 Likes
innerfish
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's super annoying when tech guy comes into your house and install a "junk" program on your personal computer and you have hard time to removing it afterwards... when I turn on my Mac today, the verizon updater just automatically started on my start up items. I quited it, and it would start again.

The way I removed it was, just go to Application folder in your finder, and search for Verizon, it should come up with 3 different Verizon programs, In Home Agent, Updater and something else I forgot, just simply drag them to trash can and empty your trash. You will have a bit hard time to delete the updater because it keeps saying cannot delete because the program is open. You have to quit the program on your screen's top right corner, then go to System Preference, under User Group, click on your user name, and on the right there is start up items, uncheck Verizon Updater, and click on minus button to remove them from start up items. Restart your computer, now you should be able to remove the Verizon Updater in your Application folder.

Scott_r1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I used the uninstall application AppDelete, and it found several additional things to remove: assocated with VerizonInHomeAgent.app were

Users>Library>Cache.com.Verizon.IHA

Users>Library>Preferences/com.Verizon.IHA.plist

Users>Library>Saved Application State/com.Verizon.IHA.savedState

assocated with VerizonUpdateCenter.app was

Users/Library/Caches/VDSI.Verizon.Update.Center

0 Likes
nreker

Thank you!  I totally hate craplets like this and when they're made hard-to-delete then I want to start a riot.

Giving you kudos appears to be difficult, otherwise I would.

0 Likes
smf05

You can also get rid of the Update Center without using a third party utility.  On your Mac go to "Activity Center" and find the Update Center.  Click the "X" in the upper bar to stop this program from being "Open" or used.  Then you can go to the Applications folder and delete the App.

0 Likes
Scott_r1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Never heard of Activity Center; I presume you mean Activity Monitor.

Al that clicking the X does is to quit a running process; deleting the App from the Applications folder doesn't remove all of its installed components.

0 Likes