Re: Unlimited Games + Starz Play Pak
memezmama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea that's been happening to me. I have verizon internet. I keep asking them to send me another email with a link to the games & starz play pack, and they keep saying that they sent one, but they didnt! and they've charged me twice for something i've never found! They need to get their **bleep** straight before they get a lawsuit on their hands....

memezmama
Enthusiast - Level 2

The same thing happened to me when I 1st got internet back in January 2011, I never asked for the unlimited games & starz play pack or the back-up & sec. bundle, but they added them to my bill anyways, even after i said that i didnt want the free trial, then i stared getting charged for them on the 2nd month. Then when i had them removed my bill actualy went up another $30.00. When I called them, but they just kept spinning me in a circle on how they figured those costs.. it was all a crock.  I was going to switch to TWC but they we're even more $$ for the wirless internet & i would have to buy a router they said.. and with verizon.. i already had everything i needed to start my service.. so verizon won because of conv. NOW I have a totally diff. problem, my account is in someone else's name.. it's suposed to be under Brittney Taylor, but they have it under Mary Taylor.. so I have no clue what to do about that. And every link that they said they sent me to my email to find the starz play pack (free trial), i never receive it.

memezmama
Enthusiast - Level 2

See and if you did ever approve it, you should only have to pay $16.00 a month for both UNLIMITED GAMES & STARZ PLAY PACK, because that's what i pay.

FRUSTRATED1941
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the second time I have been charged for the Starz package. The first time I was told to add the Parental Controls on all my televisions which I did. AND GUESS WHAT, I have the same charges again and was told that someone in my household ordered it from a remote control. Impossible--my wife is 70 and my father-in-law is 93. Neither one has the code and wouldn't know how to order a plan AND I KNOW THAT I DID NOT ORDER ANYTHING! I was told by a Verizon rep that there was nothing they could do. GUESS WHAT--I CAN DO SOMETHING AND THAT IS BRIGHTHOUSE WILL BE HERE THIS AFTERNOON!!

KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@FRUSTRATED1941 wrote:

This is the second time I have been charged for the Starz package. The first time I was told to add the Parental Controls on all my televisions which I did. AND GUESS WHAT, I have the same charges again and was told that someone in my household ordered it from a remote control. Impossible--my wife is 70 and my father-in-law is 93. Neither one has the code and wouldn't know how to order a plan AND I KNOW THAT I DID NOT ORDER ANYTHING! I was told by a Verizon rep that there was nothing they could do. GUESS WHAT--I CAN DO SOMETHING AND THAT IS BRIGHTHOUSE WILL BE HERE THIS AFTERNOON!!

0 Likes
Involuntary Starz Play
lightseeker001

I did not order Starz Play and I don't want it.  How do I get it off my account and stop being charged the $5.99 it costs monthly?

0 Likes
mammothguy

My wife and I have a 16 month old son and work full-time meaning we are busier and aren't checking the auto-pay bills as they are paid.  Well I sat down tonight and looked at this one because my phone/direcTV/internet bundle is up to $220.44 a month!  I switched from the Time Warner bundle because it was too expensive at $150 a month.

There are all kinds of fees and charges on here I do not recognize, but the biggest ones appear to be Unlimited Games & Starz(r) Play Pak at $20.98 and the Security and Backup Bundle/50GB at $10 per month.  I did a google search and came upon this forum.  What the heck is going on Verizon???  I did not sign up for anything of the sort and actaully have no clue what these things are.  I'm the only one handling this account so have no idea what caused me to start getting charged.  I am already being charged for Starz as part of a regular package so what is the Starz Play Pak?  I am going to have to go through the billings for the last year or so and see when the charges first appeared.  I'm afraid I've been paying for this for a while.

It is so frustrating dealing with these companies when there is no "real" competition they feel like they can get away with murder.  Sign me up for the class action when that one gets going because all I see online are complaints about these "services" being added without consent. 

I am going to try and start with a phone call on my way into work tomorrow and see where that leads me....I'll try and update on what I learn.

0 Likes
mammothguy

Okay, well I did some research in my email and found one from July 2011 thanking me for my "recent" order for service.  Bizarre since I have been bundled with Verizon since 2009.  Even if I had ordered new service with the Starz Play Pak, they charged me incorrectly.  It was supposed to be $4.98 off of $20.98 price for first 12 months.  What a joke!

Here is the email:

0 Likes
dmforster24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unlimited Games + Starz Play Pak strikes again.

I just discovered that I've been charged for this service on my past five statements, despite never adding it and having no idea what it is.

The customer service rep that I reached by phone was helpful and quickly said he could remove the service and give me a credit.

UNFORTUNATELY, he said he could give me a credit for only three months worth. I am surprised to hear so many people having the same experience. Makes you wonder how widespread this problem is, and why Verizon is not taking greater pains to make sure this stops happening.

I plan to file complaints to my state's regulators.

• 10/2511/24Unlimited Games + Starz(R) Play Pak20.98

•   
  • Specials and Promotions
    • 10/2511/24Gaming Starz Play Bundle Discount-4.98
0 Likes
4mer2bverzncuss

I TOO plan to file complaints to my state's regulators.....how do i do this ?What the phone # or is there a web site? I just got done talking with verizon, about this Unlimited Games + Starz Play Pak and  the other bundle.They told me that they can only give me creidit for this month.THAT IT WAS MY FAULT FOR NOT READING MY BILL. I ASK THEM HOW DID IT GET ON MY BILL SINCE I DIDNT ASK FOR IT. DONT KNOW.BACK IN MAY I TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT GETTING MY BILL LOWER AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS. AND WHEN I TALKED IN MAY , THE GUY TOLD ME ABOUT GETTING THE DVR FOR FREE FOR LIFE, SO I AGREE , NOW THAT I LOOKED AT MY BIL ITS SAYS , IN MAY THIS YEAR I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT... SO HE LIED TO ME ABOUT THIS TOO... HE TOLD ME ABOUT ME NOT NEEDING THE INSIDE MAN SEVICE THATS $7.99 . I HAD IT SINCE I HAD THE PHNE ,, LIKE 25 YEARS . I SAID OK GREAT TAKE IT OFF  SINCE I DONT REALLY NEED IT .... HE NEVER TOOK IT OFF.. NOW SOMEONE FROM VERIZON ELITE IS GOING TO CALL ME IN THE NEXT 48HRS. ........... PLEASE WHO DO I CALL TO MAKE AN COMPLANT?? IAM GOING TO GO LOOK IT UO RIGHT NOW... IAM SO SICK OF THESE CABLE COMPANIES LYING TO ME... THE FIRST ONE I WAS WITH DID, THAT WHY I CHANGE TO VERIZON,,, I HOPE I DONT HAVE TO AGAIN

0 Likes