Re: Unlimited Games + Starz Play Pak
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@4mer2bverzncuss wrote:

I TOO plan to file complaints to my state's regulators.....how do i do this ?What the phone # or is there a web site? I just got done talking with verizon, about this Unlimited Games + Starz Play Pak and  the other bundle.They told me that they can only give me creidit for this month.THAT IT WAS MY FAULT FOR NOT READING MY BILL. I ASK THEM HOW DID IT GET ON MY BILL SINCE I DIDNT ASK FOR IT. DONT KNOW.BACK IN MAY I TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT GETTING MY BILL LOWER AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS. AND WHEN I TALKED IN MAY , THE GUY TOLD ME ABOUT GETTING THE DVR FOR FREE FOR LIFE, SO I AGREE , NOW THAT I LOOKED AT MY BIL ITS SAYS , IN MAY THIS YEAR I HAVE TO PAY FOR IT... SO HE LIED TO ME ABOUT THIS TOO... HE TOLD ME ABOUT ME NOT NEEDING THE INSIDE MAN SEVICE THATS $7.99 . I HAD IT SINCE I HAD THE PHNE ,, LIKE 25 YEARS . I SAID OK GREAT TAKE IT OFF  SINCE I DONT REALLY NEED IT .... HE NEVER TOOK IT OFF.. NOW SOMEONE FROM VERIZON ELITE IS GOING TO CALL ME IN THE NEXT 48HRS. ........... PLEASE WHO DO I CALL TO MAKE AN COMPLANT?? IAM GOING TO GO LOOK IT UO RIGHT NOW... IAM SO SICK OF THESE CABLE COMPANIES LYING TO ME... THE FIRST ONE I WAS WITH DID, THAT WHY I CHANGE TO VERIZON,,, I HOPE I DONT HAVE TO AGAIN

0 Likes
marylf

I too have just realized that I have been being charged by Verizon for UNAUTHORIZED services, namely Starz Play Pak at $20.98/month and something called a Security & Back-up Bundle at $10.00/month, making a total of $30.98 per month for something I never ordered.  I called Verizon and was told that they could only remove 3 months of charges.  The fact that I am not entitled to receive a full credit for fraudulent charges is OUTRAGEOUS.  I read a short while ago that Verizon is currently making in excess of $30 million per month for these types of charges.  

In other sectors, say for example, physicians billing Medicare (US Government) for procedures not provided, the practice is called Medicare FRAUD and has severe repercussions for the perpetrator.  In cases like this one, the practice is called CRAMMING and the company has only to refund 3 months worth of FRAUDULENT charges.  What's wrong with this picture?

I must say that I am disappointed & disgusted that a company with Verizon's stature in the marketplace has stooped to such a low level as to engage is such business practices.  I have just filed a formal complaint with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Attorney General's Office and will pursue the issue with my state and federal reps as well.

0 Likes
tlc0001

I also recently discovered this on my bill.  I tried to find out what it is on Verizon's website to no avail.  I googled it only to find that many Verizon customers were complaining of this.  So, I called Verizon.  They removed it from my bill, but the person I spoke with indicated she could only issue a credit back for 3 months.  My next step will be to file a complaint with the Maryland Attorney General's Consumer Affairs Division.  The Verizon rep I spoke with had no answer whatsover for how this got on my bill, nor even what it is !!! I still have no idea what this is or does.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@tlc0001 wrote:

I also recently discovered this on my bill.  I tried to find out what it is on Verizon's website to no avail.  I googled it only to find that many Verizon customers were complaining of this.  So, I called Verizon.  They removed it from my bill, but the person I spoke with indicated she could only issue a credit back for 3 months.  My next step will be to file a complaint with the Maryland Attorney General's Consumer Affairs Division.  The Verizon rep I spoke with had no answer whatsover for how this got on my bill, nor even what it is !!! I still have no idea what this is or does.

Unlimited Games would be from Verizon's Games offering. I believe it's meant to be a service that allows you to pay a monthly subscription and download games to your PC to play them, similar to how services such as GameFly works. This is coming from a very old entry in my memory, so if it's changed since then, I guess I'll just need to refresh. This was probably added on the bill by a billing agent on accident, deliberately, through a billing system glitch (not too uncommon), or through some sort of promotion.

Starz Play is for TV service. This item probably was left on your bill after a promotion expired. It's been a known issue, and it's best to ask to cancel out the Starz Play Pak before the "Three Months Free" is over. I believe Verizon outlines this in some sort of fine print, but it's best to ask for it to be removed during the Free Trial period. That keeps this charge off the bill. I have no idea why they make an assumption that it is wanted if they don't call up, but if it just appeared out of nowhere, then it was probably some sort of crammed charge which should be negotiable.

The agents are limited by how many credits they can give, so if you want more, I would strongly suggest writing to Verizon first, rather than going to the Attorney General and complaining about it. If Verizon won't credit you after you write them, then I guess your options are open. Verizon isn't the only company that has such policies such as these, and often times if you want more money back they will request you to write to them explaining the issue so they can mail a check back.

0 Likes
shanghaifry

This has happened to me as well. Can we file a class action lawsuit?

0 Likes
butter3

thank u

0 Likes
RaulOrtega

Just after I set up my account for auto payment (thinking verizon will be charging the same and make it easier) I found out that they have been charging extra for the last 4 months for the following packages which I NEVER ordered!:

• Security and Backup Bundle/50 GB
  • Unlimited Games + Starz(R) Play Pak

I talked to the representatives and they are saying they can't do anything!!! Do somebody knows if there is anything we can do in order to get this fixed! It's been around 120 USD extras that I have paid so far thinking Auto Payment was easier. 

I read many of us have the same issue, what was your resolution?

Thanks!

0 Likes
h8vrz

same problem call to cancel.. received confirmation but never cancel

0 Likes