Unlimited Games + Starz Play Pak
xxoosmile
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was recently charged for Unlimited Games + Starz Play Pak (20.98) for 2 months -- but neither my husband or I approved this addition to our bill. I was told by the phone rep that an email was sent and something in the email had to be clicked to be activated. I looked for emails from Verizon and I can find NO such email in my email box. Please explain how this charge was added to my bill.  

Re: Unlimited Games + Starz Play Pak
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
dhorlick
Enthusiast - Level 1

KaLin  - I found xxoosmile's posting to be extremely helpful. I actually did call a Verizon representative to review my account details concerning this very same issue last month, as you admonish xxoosmile to do. It's now a month later and the unauthorized charges are back, along with a new one for something called "Security and Backup Bundle/50 GB".

I tried to email Custom Service just now, but was told "Email is not available" for Internet Service, Television, or Telephone service. Out of desperation, I tried choosing "Other", but that locked the form and prevented me from entering my account information.

KaLin - please tell the accounts division to remove these unauthorized charges from my and xxoosmile's accounts and then send us email or mail us confirmation letters, thanks.

Perrin2

I too, have had this problem. My wife and I had our first baby born recently, so we called up Verizon to reduce our tv service from Fios Extreme to Fios Prime and reduce our internet service from 25/5 to 15/5. Our next bill was actually more than it was originally after they added on all sorts of extras and miscellaneous components (including the above mentioned Security and Backup bundle). I was at a total loss about what to do next, for fear that any call to reduce the service plan would result in greater charges. My wife is a lawyer and asked the customer service agent point blank - is it legal to add services without our consent? His response was no, that it wasn't but he was going to get to that point in a minute. He also informed us that he doesn't use Verizon for similar reasons as why we were calling.

We've since had some items corrected, but the Games and Play Pak are very sticky and even though we have requested to have this service removed on multiple occasions (each time being affirmed by the customer service rep), it still finds its way on the bill (as it is now, unfortunately). I find it quite appaling to request to have a service removed when it was never requested to be added in the first place.

My contribution to this thread is that xxoosmile, dhorlick, and anyone else with this issue should be persistent with their communications with Verizon billing and please let us know if your charges are ever removed and how you were able to successfully do so. Thank you.

0 Likes
Ncflash67

What was the resolution to this option being added to your bill? I see it on my mine now and will call to have it removed. I don't see an online option to remove myself..

Thx

0 Likes
bmk1

I was recently charged for this too and never added it.  Waiting for a response from Verizon email support...expecting they'll take care of it as they've been great in the past.  However, this is the second item I've been charged for without authorization listed under Additional Internet charges.....the rep told me she put a block on my account 3 times....I called each of 3 months in a row....and its still not working.....you need to read every line of your bill or you'll get charged for something you've not authorized!!

0 Likes
weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
jeano1

I just find this on my account with verizon also but with it being Satirday I can not talk to anyone because they are not open on the weekend. I email them about this, but going to call them on Monday. I have 2 months charged to my bill also. I have just changed my account for my p;hone and internet with verizon 2 months ago and they try to pull a fast one on us to just get money out of us.

0 Likes
kdesir78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this charge on my account for 6 months now!  I remember we too downgraded our service from Extreme to Prime and this appeared on my bill.  I remember calling and telling them to remove it.  I haven't looked at my bill since the call but I see that this is still on my account.  I am going to call them on Tuesday and request to have it removed and the 6 months credited back.  If they refuse, I will request to speak to a manager.  If that proves fruitless, I will file a complaint with the BBB.  This is ridiculous!

0 Likes
tmpardi77

I've had FiOS for 3 months now and just noticed these two mysterious charges on my bill that I never asked for.

Unlimited Games + Starz Play pak - $20.98

Security and backup bundle/50 GB - $10.00

I will be contacting Verizon Monday morning to resolve it.  If they give me a problem they will be at risk of losing a customer.

0 Likes