Unsubscribe to Advanced Parental Controls FIOS App
RedBirdOBX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm hoping someone can help here and I've read this is a common and frustrating problem.  I used to log directly into my router and manage our devices and more importantly what time they can and cannot connect to the router for internet access (kids!).  We moved a couple of months ago and the FIOS tech suggested we use the My FIOS mobile app.  I did and hate it.  It does NOT restrict www access, only "content" but my disobedient kids can still play on PS4 and devices all night long. By using the app, it forced me to enroll into Advanced Parental Controls. I want to go back to the old way!  Any pointers or tips?

Tags (1)
Re: Unsubscribe to Advanced Parental Controls FIOS App
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You still should be able to log in to the router directly. 192.168.1.1 or myfiosgateway.com if you have the Quantum Gateway. 

RedBirdOBX
Enthusiast - Level 1

That was the screenshot I was providing.  I can but all of the useful "old" features are disabled.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@RedBirdOBX wrote:

That was the screenshot I was providing.  I can but all of the useful "old" features are disabled.

Oh. Didn't notice the picture before. You can probably cancel it by logging into your Verizon account online. If not call up to cancel. I would imagine once you cancel you will have to hard reset the router with a paperclip. 

MIkey2020

Did you ever solve it?  i am dealing with the same problem.

0 Likes
TiredOfIt3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. The tech I talked to yesterday said I couldn't. The MyFios app is garbage. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes