Re: Unusable upload speed at night and during weekend?
realz

Were you able to resolve the issue. My problem started midnight of 9/13 and my upload has been <2mpbs ever since. 

I am in NJ area.

Techs have followed the same steps, new router, reboot everything, factory resets etc.

0 Likes
Monmonoke
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it turns out to be a PON card issue. The tech that came to my house contacted the fiber solution center. They ran some tests, determined it was the PON card and reset it. They eventually replaced the PON card (later that day or at night) in CO and it solved my issue. 

lionelman17
Enthusiast - Level 1

After 3 techs and a replaced router (over 3 months)  they finally referred the problem to the central office where they located and replaced a bad board. My upload speed went from under 3 to over 30.

SUCCESS!!!!!

peidon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm In Roslyn, NY and have the exact same problem for the last 3 months. They replaced everything and I've upgraded to quantum but still the same problem with upload.

I'm going to give them 1 more try then I'm going to switch to cable.

0 Likes
peidon
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK. They FINALLY fixed it after 3 months. They reset the PON card and it worked. I don't know why it had to take 3 months and escalation up to level 3 before they did this. I mentioned the PON card to them 3 months ago (from my own research). But they ended up making 5 trips and replaced everything.

Well, at least if the problem comes back, they know to replace the card.

splansing

Sure, all you have to do is call them 4 or 5 times, several callbacks, 7 or 8 hours on the phone and then eventually you'll find somebody able to actually do something about their network issues, and then you're troubles are over!

I run networks.  I have monitoring systems set up everywhere to alert me when something isn't working.  What's Verizon's excuse?  This is what happens when the corporate structure takes over everything and just gets more and more bloated.  It's like dealing with the government at this point, they're so institutionalized and top-fat heavy.

0 Likes