Upgrade FIOS 50 or 300 no options for 75 or 100
DaveVic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently inquired with the customer service team about the lack of opitions top upgrade my existing FIOS service from 50/50 to 75/75 or 100/100.  I said that checking online only showed an option to upgrade to 300/300 and higher.  The agent noted the same thing on thier side, so I asked for more research on the matter. 

It was explain that my area only allowed 20 customers in that middle range of 75 or 100.  There was no explantion on that answer and it was not related to capacity as they offered the much more expensive 300 and higher tiers.   Nor did it seem clear that I could cancel my service and my spouse could open a new account for our address and receive the 75 or 100 speed.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with only being allowed upgrade tiers that are far above needs and are really expensive?   Or can offer a better explanation why existing customers are stuck but new customers get the option?

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade FIOS 50 or 300 no options for 75 or 100
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

This has been happening in a fair number of situations. Some have noticied that ordering 300Mbps for a day opens up the other speed upgrades.

With that said, what ONT do you have, as well as what router? While that does not explain the missing 75Mbps tiers, having an old BPON ONT can cause this to happen.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade FIOS 50 or 300 no options for 75 or 100
MattC1899
Like Smith mentioned before, it's because you have the older ONT. I post a lot on another forum and I know of someone who works for Verizon and they mentioned that was why. The suggestion was you might have to sign up for the 300/300 plan. That way it's "worth it" for Verizon to send a technician your way for the new ont. Then when it's installed you will have other speed options available that you can drop down to.
0 Likes