Switch Account

Upgrade from MI424-WR

Contributor KMacK
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(9,751 Views)
Hey everybody, I was just wondering if Verizon has released any kind of newer internet gateway (combination modem and router) or will be anytime soon? I would really like to have wireless N capability, but I really don't wan't to spend all the money to get a separate modem and router from Linksys. (of course) If anybody has any kind of info on a new modem/router release, please let me know asap! Thankyou.
3 REPLIES 3
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(9,743 Views)

The MI424-WR next gen is the newest router being used by Verizon. Here is the link;

http://www.actiontec.com/products/product.php?pid=189

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 4
(9,742 Views)
All of the new Verizon routers that will be coming out are still wireless G. They will hopefully be available by the end of this year.
Copper Contributor dalhectar
Copper Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(9,604 Views)

2 options.

Either you can turn your Actiontec into a bridge and use your own Wireless N router.  You'll not only get N wireless, but get faster speed for situations that the Actiontec tends to choke on like bitorrent.

OR

Disable the actiontec router's 802.11g  and use the wireless N router of your choice as an access point.

Your choice.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.