Re: Upgrade internet speed
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have a 55" TV as well.

Has no issues with performance.

What model stb are you using?

Does it happen on all channels?

And as others have said, internet speed has no impact on TV performance.

JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How would the tech separate the 2 signals?

Sorry, I should have been more clear Smiley Happy

I meant that even though Internet and TV go over the same physical wire to your house, they are completely seperate signals and do not interact with eachother, in any way. 

Thats interesting that the tech swapped out your ONT previously due to pixelation issues previously. I'd definitely contact Verizon and have them take a look at whats causing the issue. I do wish we could give more support in the forums, but these issues are usually hard to track down from a customer perspective. 

You can definitely try upgrading to 75 Mbps if you wanted, however as others have stated, this probably won't solve the root issue.

Biggworm1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my opinion, it is your tv that may be the culprit. Not all 55" hdtv's are created equal. If you didn't have internet at all, and only subscribe to cable, you would probably have the same problem.

Do you have a "name brand" tv? Or do you have a really cheap "no name" walmart brand tv? Big difference in the manufacturers and the quality of boards inside of the hdtv.

Just trying to help uou out.

0 Likes
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

I'm thinking the same thing. It's a Samsung.

The old saying, you get what you pay for, is true.

I've noticed that when there's a rapid change in brightness, everything is grainy. I haven't updated the firmware lately. I sit maybe 8 feet from the TV. Maybe I'm sitting to close. Maybe if I could sit farther away, which I can't, it wouldn't be as noticeable. Maybe 55" is too big for 1080P. Well, my next TV willl be a 4K TV.

0 Likes
breed115

I had the same pixilation issues about a month into FIOS. Two techs were sent to my residence to resolve the issue but could not figure out what was wrong. I have 3 high def tv's and the pixalation occured on all three but only on 3 channels. My tv's are not walmart brand tv's or any other such non-brand name tv's. I have 2 high def Toshiba's and one high def Panasonic. Trust me it is not your tv's, I detemined that right after I saw that this problems occured on all tv's and only 3 channels. The last tech resolved the issue but stated that ifd it happened again to call them again. The last tech determined that is is either a signal interferance issue OR the issue is in the basement where the main connection resides. I live in an apartment complex and only a few of my neighbors had this issue. Changing your tv's will not help if pixilation continues. Try each channel to detemine what channels actullay have this issue. 

0 Likes
pcnerd
Contributor - Level 3

Since the FIOS tech replaced the ONT AND the DVR, the pixellation isn't as bad. Occasionally, part of the screen will pixelate or a line of pixels will appear.  I've noticed it happening on SD channels as well as HD channels but more on SD channels. I have a Samsung 55" HDTV. I assume that the pixellation is an artifact. The TV is digital & has to convert an analog signal into a digital signal. There will be quantization errors when converting an analog signal into a digital signal. I assume the errors show up as pixels.

0 Likes