Upgrade internet speed
bwallen

Right now I'm on a double play bundle (FiOS TV & Internet) which expires in June. I was wondering if there is a way that I can just up my internet speed. I tried to do it online, but Verizon wants me to upgrade my TV package as well and add a bunch of movie channels that I'll never watch. I have 20/5 internet now. Is there anything I can do, preferably before my contract is up in June, or would I have to pay some early termination fees?

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade internet speed
stereo55
Enthusiast - Level 3

You'll have to call up Verizon and ask for a upgrade (or deal)  . Existing customers dont really get a break doing online orders with existing contracts  or accounts . So know the price  you want to pay first (online deal or local mailed flyer)  and ask the rep for that price ; and most of the time they will ok it .

Remember you can always upgrade while in contract , you just cant downgrade without penalties . I found it best to wait till out of contract to ask for deals  .

I just upgraded our triple package (as we were out of contract) , but doing so online did not give us the current package deal prices .  I called a Verizon rep , and told him what I wanted  , but only at the current   package deal pricing vs what was offered to us with our online account (a $45 a month difference) . Rep said , he'd check , and the deal was ok'd . Saved us $45 a month doing it that way . 😄

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade internet speed
prisaz
Legend

I agree with  stereo55.

My agreement expired last November, and I received a letter stating my bundle rates would go up $10 in May. I called and was told as a courtesy my bundles price had stayed the same. I found that hard to swallow, so I kept enquiring until I was given the solution and answer I wanted. The web site will not allow you to select a bundle equal or less than what you have. It will only allow you to upgrade to the Ultimate. Call sales and explain your issue with not being able to order online, or qualify for any discounts. I saved $30 a month for the next 12 months. Ultimate for what I am currently paying before the May price increase. Faster speed and more channels. So it does not matter if I watch them or not. After 12 months I may be forced to pay the $30 more for the remaining 12 months. $360 savings in the first year, so if you spread that out over 24 months my increase is only $15 a month for the next two years. $139-$15=$124. So for the next 12 months I will pay $109 that I am paying now. Ultimate HD 35/35 Internet and Phone. I can live with that. You might have more leverage after your commitment expires. If you do not get a good answer from sales, then wait until your commitment expires. You may or may not see a price increase, and if so it may be minimal if you do not change your features. Some people have complained about Verizon not being flexable, but I have found the oposite. It is not because of my CL status in the forums either. I get nothing but enjoyment from being here and helping others. When ever I call and mention the forums, the sales people act like what forum and what is a CL. So I get no mileage out of the status. But do enjoy communications with the Administrators and Moderators here. Which all users can do.

Sorry for the book, but figured my insite may be helpful. Oh and yes my deal was better than the advertized discount for a new customer. I was told as a "valued customer".

0 Likes