Upgrade router? Need Wireless N

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade router? Need Wireless N

Message 1 of 3
(3,169 Views)

Currently have triple play package: FIOS Ultimate HD, Internet 35/35, and Digital Voice. Absolutely love everything about my FIOS service but I have one issue: my Verizon router is hooked up via coax and only gives me Wireless A/B/G. I really want to figure out a way to get Wireless-N as all of my smartphones (Verizone Wirless Android smartphones), laptops, and computers can use Wireless-N but are currently limited to Wireless-G.

Can a Verizon representative please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

-Happy Verizon Customer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Upgrade router? Need Wireless N

Message 2 of 3
(3,153 Views)

Easiset way is to purchase a wireless N router and connect it via ethernet to your FIOS router. Turn off the wireless on your FIOS router and away you go. I have the Netgear WNDR3700 and I absolutely love it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 2 of 3
(3,154 Views)

Easiset way is to purchase a wireless N router and connect it via ethernet to your FIOS router. Turn off the wireless on your FIOS router and away you go. I have the Netgear WNDR3700 and I absolutely love it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(3,149 Views)

Didn't know I could do that. Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.