Upgrade to Fios Quantum 50/25 does not work
los883

I have upgraded my service to Fios Quantum 50/25.

It has been over a week and I still do not see an increase in my connection.

I have MAC laptop and tried installing the broadband tuner but still no difference in speed.

Do I need to upgrade my router/hardware to get the 50/25 speed?

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade to Fios Quantum 50/25 does not work
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using a Wireless connection? Move to Wired and see if your speed is any improved. If not, reboot your ONT. Any FiOS router is capable of doing 50Mbps/20Mbps, however unless you have a Rev. F or higher you will cap at ~20Mbps download OR Upload, or 10Mbps/10Mbps upload and download.

Keep in mind Wireless speeds are much harder to guarantee, however if you do want to get 50Mbps/20Mbps on Wireless you'll need to get a Rev. I ActionTec from Verizon, or buy a cheap $30 router and set it up as an access point. There' s a sticked thread in this forum written by me on what affects Wi-Fi called "Why your Wi-Fi is slow" which you can check over too.

Now if this is still with Wired, and an ONT reboot doesn't fix it we'll figure this one out.

0 Likes
EvilMarvin

how can i get this Rev. I ActionTec from verizon? how much would it cost?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you ask nicely for a Gen3 router on the phone they may just send you one. Otherwise it's an $80 purchase.

How were the results from a Wired connection?

0 Likes
EvilMarvin

whats a Gen3 router?

do i replace my router with that?

what does Gen3 router offer? compared to the routers they give you when installing it

0 Likes