Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Upgrade

Mochabear
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade

Message 1 of 3
(628 Views)

I currently am on the 100/100 plan, connected through coax (MoCA) and using an Actiontec MI424WR router.  I would like to upgrade to 200 mbps but was told I would need a technician to come to the house and that I could not get a technician to come during the pandemic.

If my router (or ideally a new router) was connected to the ONT via ethernet cable instead of coax, could I get upgraded without having a technician having to come to the house. (I have a I-211M-L ONT.)

I can easily run ethernet cable from the ONT to my router but I am unable to reach anyone in Fios Technical Support to coordinate the timing of the changeover.

Alternatively, can I improve performance by switching from coax to ethernet, even without an upgrade form my 100/100 plan? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Edg1
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Upgrade

Message 2 of 3
(606 Views)

Run the ethernet yourself and contact Verizon to switch you to ethernet. You’ll probably have better luck with @VerizonSupport on Twitter or Verizon Direct at dslreports.com. Once switched to ethernet you will be able to upgrade to 200/200. Your speed of 100/100 won’t make a difference on ethernet or coax. 

Mochabear
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Upgrade

Message 3 of 3
(558 Views)

Perfect! Thanks so much for the prompt response.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.