Upgrade
Mochabear

I currently am on the 100/100 plan, connected through coax (MoCA) and using an Actiontec MI424WR router.  I would like to upgrade to 200 mbps but was told I would need a technician to come to the house and that I could not get a technician to come during the pandemic.

If my router (or ideally a new router) was connected to the ONT via ethernet cable instead of coax, could I get upgraded without having a technician having to come to the house. (I have a I-211M-L ONT.)

I can easily run ethernet cable from the ONT to my router but I am unable to reach anyone in Fios Technical Support to coordinate the timing of the changeover.

Alternatively, can I improve performance by switching from coax to ethernet, even without an upgrade form my 100/100 plan? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Run the ethernet yourself and contact Verizon to switch you to ethernet. You’ll probably have better luck with @VerizonSupport on Twitter or Verizon Direct at dslreports.com. Once switched to ethernet you will be able to upgrade to 200/200. Your speed of 100/100 won’t make a difference on ethernet or coax. 

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade
Mochabear

Perfect! Thanks so much for the prompt response.

0 Likes