Upgraded Call Assistant not working
DCGTLS
Enthusiast - Level 3

The other day when I went to check the call assistant it required an upgrade so I let it run. Now when ever I get a call it does not show it as incoming nor does it show anything in the log. Does anyone know why it is not working?

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded Call Assistant not working
FairfaxKid1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having a similar problem. When first upgraded, it appeared to work; however, it is now in "off-line"  mode. How do I put VCA back in "on-line" mode?

0 Likes
TJ117

I have the same issue. The new version does not show any new calls since the old version was installed. No popups and nothing in the log.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

At least you guys HAVE software

I'm still trying to work out how to order VCA.  Any hints would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
DCGTLS
Enthusiast - Level 3

https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant/ All the info you need to get signed up for it as well as the download.

Good luck getting it to work. I tried installing on 2 computers and all of the buttons on the install screen are missing, I had to guess where they should be and click them. Once installed it would not work as stated above.

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

heeheehee  they (verizon sales) told me that to get VCA I HAD to upgrade my phone service.

after a month of not having VCA (they confirmed it was never 'enabled' yet), I cancelled the phone upgrade because the only reason I got the phone upgrade was to get the VCA (per the sales person).   and so now I am paying for the early termination fee for the upgraded phone service that they NOW tell me was never needed in the first place. 

and now my homeowners association has discontinued the cables service that is supplied-as-part-of-the HOA-assessment, so I have to decide wether I wan to pay the existing cable co or switch my TV over to Verizon . . . . . .hmmmm  do I really have a decision here?

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3

the worst part is that no matter what I say to Verizon about how I was fooled, they could care less and will not waive the early-termination fee.  such a crock!

0 Likes
WETWHISTLE
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having this same exact problem.

The Application is garbage. It doesn't work at all!

The old one was much better.

0 Likes