Upgraded plan billing question
JamesRustles

I upgraded my plan yesterday (8/28) from 150/150 to Gigabit. It says: "Complete installation by Tue, Aug 29, 2017."

However, under "Shipment confirmed for" it just has a comma. I shouldn't be receiving anything in the mail because I have the newest ONT and the Fios router that came with the 150/150 plan. Although, I use my own router in place of that one, but I still have it nonetheless. Is there a potential problem with the order? The fact that it just has a comma and is taking a while to just increase my bandwidth has me a little bit concerned. I understand that it's only been one day, but I'd like to ensure that everything went through.

If an employee can reach out to me that would be great. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgraded plan billing question
jonjones1
Legend

@JamesRustles wrote:

Thanks for the response! Do you think that not having my Verizon router hooked up will cause any issues with the plan upgrade?

It shouldn't. Now however you should unplug your router and wait about 10 minutes. Then turn it back on and let it obtain the DNS.

The engineer that spoke to the support lady told me to go as far as turn off all internet devices and unplug the router and turn back on then turn every other device on one at a time.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

No employees here. This is a peer to peer forum.

if you already have the quantum G1100 router and it is not showing in the email that it has been shipped I would not let that bother you.

it will be fully up and running by the end of the 29th. If not call 1-800-VERIZON and have them provision it properly.

When I bumped from 150/150 it took just a few days more to get correct provisioning. I also use my own Netgear Nighthawk 

0 Likes
JamesRustles

Thanks for the response! Do you think that not having my Verizon router hooked up will cause any issues with the plan upgrade?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@JamesRustles wrote:

It shouldn't. Now however you should unplug your router and wait about 10 minutes. Then turn it back on and let it obtain the DNS.

The engineer that spoke to the support lady told me to go as far as turn off all internet devices and unplug the router and turn back on then turn every other device on one at a time.

JamesRustles

I wonder if that's it. I'll try rebooting everything and plugging in the Verizon router tonight. Thank you for the help!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

My pleasure. Hope it works.

a second thought would be to use the fios router from the ont to obtain dns.

then plug your own use owned router in to the fios router in access point mode. Then have your own router assign ip addresses as needed.

you also can then use Verizon's Speedtest without issues.

0 Likes