Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Upgraded to 150/65 now intermittent

Johnny_Utah
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Upgraded to 150/65 now intermittent

Message 1 of 2
(469 Views)

Hey guys!

A month ago, I upgraded from 35/35 to 150/65.  I received a new red band router capable of supporting speeds over 100Mb/s and Verizon ran Cat5e (or 6 not sure) from the ONT to my router.  We got everything up, and speeds are perfect.  HOWEVER i now have intermittent outages.  They occur roughly every minute for anywhere between 4-10 seconds!  I have tried 3 different routers and they just replaced my ONT box again. I configured my receive window to account for the faster speeds but nothing solves this problem!

I got to the point that I went back to my silver router (same model just won't operate over 100Mb/s) since it gives me no problems.  I am REALLY frustrated and after spending 20 + hours on the phone NOBODY can help me!

I have been running ICSI analyzer which verified my findings about packet loss and outage. Link to info:  http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/restore/id=43ca208a-19023-4051d266-c23c-40f3-8e78/rd

Anyone have a solution?

Thank you for your time:)

1 REPLY 1
Hubrisnxs
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Upgraded to 150/65 now intermittent

Message 2 of 2
(424 Views)

if you are hardwired and getting these outages, my first thought would be that it's a bad data cable.   replace it with a one that you have lying around the house, and if the problem goes away, then you found your problem.  If the length of the cable is enough so that you can replace it yourself, then you should buy it at monoprice or amazon.  Very cheap for that cabling. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title