Upgraded to FiOS Quantum - now having consistent and significant lag on Xbox360
UnknownUser3

I was a 35/35 customer from time it was available in my area (North Texas).

Since I have two Xbox360s in the house, as well as other connected devices (laptops, smart phones, etc.), I decided it might be worthwhile to upgrade to Quantum (this decision was made on the day I found out it was available).

I never had consistent issues before upgrading, so of course, that is where I think the problem originates, but I am not sure.

I upgraded to 150/65.  The first week, I would frequently just completely lag out (disconnect from the internet entirely) from my Xbox, but I also noticed sometimes when the router wouldn't connect (orange light instead of green).

None of that has happened for many weeks now, but now I am getting a lot of "in game" lag that never used to plague me when on 35/35.

Can anyone think of a reason for it?

I have already checked to confirmed that both Xboxes is reading OpenNAT, even when on simultaneously. 

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to FiOS Quantum - now having consistent and significant lag on Xbox360
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you upgraded to 150Mbps, did Verizon come out to install an Ethenret connection from your ONT to the router? If not, you'll need to get them out. The higher speed could be causing some problems with MoCa which maxes at 100Mbps anyways if the coaxial cable is not in the best of shape for carrying the signal.

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to FiOS Quantum - now having consistent and significant lag on Xbox360
UnknownUser3

Thank you for the answer.  Yes, the new router has both Coax and Ethernet from the wall and into it.

0 Likes