Upgraded to Gigabit, still connecting at previous 50/50 speed
Demonwarb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded my service from the 50/50 package to Gigabit.  When I use the Quantum gateway I am able to get the faster speeds but I am very unhappy with the router.  It seems to drop connection every few minutes and does not play nice with my VPN.  I decided to use my previous router (ASUS RT-N12D1).  I released the DHCP license on the Quantum and connected my ASUS .  The connection establishes fine, but it is still at my previous 50/50 speeds.  Am I missing something that needs to be done on my side?  Or is there something Verizon needs to change in my account?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgraded to Gigabit, still connecting at previous 50/50 speed
jonjones1
Legend

@Demonwarb wrote:

I recently upgraded my service from the 50/50 package to Gigabit.  When I use the Quantum gateway I am able to get the faster speeds but I am very unhappy with the router.  It seems to drop connection every few minutes and does not play nice with my VPN.  I decided to use my previous router (ASUS RT-N12D1).  I released the DHCP license on the Quantum and connected my ASUS .  The connection establishes fine, but it is still at my previous 50/50 speeds.  Am I missing something that needs to be done on my side?  Or is there something Verizon needs to change in my account?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Call 1-800-VERIZON and select tech support. You then make sure you are provisioned for the new speed.

it is also a good idea to factory reset your owner owned router prior to connecting. I would also do that with the Verizon router.

additionally you are connected via Ethernet right? I don't think the router connected via coaxial will give you a new faster gigabyte speeds.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@Demonwarb wrote:

Call 1-800-VERIZON and select tech support. You then make sure you are provisioned for the new speed.

it is also a good idea to factory reset your owner owned router prior to connecting. I would also do that with the Verizon router.

additionally you are connected via Ethernet right? I don't think the router connected via coaxial will give you a new faster gigabyte speeds.

Demonwarb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Factory reset did it.  It's always the simple solutions that I forget about.  Thanks!

0 Likes