Upgrading 75/75 to 150/150 moca
miketx1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. 

With 75/75 (coax from the ONT into my G1100 router), I use a couple of Ethernet to Coax MoCA Network Adapters (Actiontec ECB2500C) to bring the 75/75 to distant parts of the house where I can't run ethernet and wifi is just ok.

It works great.

Moving to 150/150 I know the connection from the ONT to the router must be ethernet (from a new ONT) and I know it's at the border of Moca 1.1 and 2.0. 

My question is: If I upgrade, will I lose the ability to use my ECB2500Cs (or a similar Moca 2.0 adapter)? If so, what do I need to do to keep my MoCA connections? Is it just a simple as the ethernet goes into the router and TV/Internet go out over Coax? 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading 75/75 to 150/150 moca
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Moca, within your house(lan), will continue to operate.  WAN use (from the router to the ONT), no longer is used. 

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading 75/75 to 150/150 moca
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will still need the coax connection from the ont to the router as it is today to bring in the tv signal and also to allow the router to communicate with the set top boxes.

The router will assign ip addresses for the STBs they way it does today and bridge the internet connection to moca to talk to them and the ECBs

0 Likes