Upgrading from 75/35 to 150/65, which verizon router do i need?
TheNeck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just recently moved and im switching my service to my new location and upgrading to 150/65. Will the current verizon modem/wireless router give me the 150 speed? Im not sure what model i have exactly since Im at work. It's not the newer red verizon actiontek modem/wireless router, i think its the model just before it. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading from 75/35 to 150/65, which verizon router do i need?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TheNeck wrote:

I just recently moved and im switching my service to my new location and upgrading to 150/65. Will the current verizon modem/wireless router give me the 150 speed? Im not sure what model i have exactly since Im at work. It's not the newer red verizon actiontek modem/wireless router, i think its the model just before it. Thanks for the help.

They should automatically give you a gig router with wifi-n as the old routers couldn't manage 100mb+ speeds, query it if they don't.  You'll also be changed to run an ethernet connection from the ont to the router.

View solution in original post

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TheNeck wrote:

They should automatically give you a gig router with wifi-n as the old routers couldn't manage 100mb+ speeds, query it if they don't.  You'll also be changed to run an ethernet connection from the ont to the router.

TheNeck
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks for the help, i just had verizon send me a new gig/n router for the new speeds.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TheNeck wrote:

thanks for the help, i just had verizon send me a new gig/n router for the new speeds.

Make sure it's connected to the ont via ethernet.

0 Likes