Switch Account

Upgrading from 75/35 to 150/65, which verizon router do i need?

Upgrading from 75/35 to 150/65, which verizon router do i need?

SOLVED
Contributor TheNeck
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(873 Views)

I just recently moved and im switching my service to my new location and upgrading to 150/65. Will the current verizon modem/wireless router give me the 150 speed? Im not sure what model i have exactly since Im at work. It's not the newer red verizon actiontek modem/wireless router, i think its the model just before it. Thanks for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(862 Views)

@TheNeck wrote:

I just recently moved and im switching my service to my new location and upgrading to 150/65. Will the current verizon modem/wireless router give me the 150 speed? Im not sure what model i have exactly since Im at work. It's not the newer red verizon actiontek modem/wireless router, i think its the model just before it. Thanks for the help.

They should automatically give you a gig router with wifi-n as the old routers couldn't manage 100mb+ speeds, query it if they don't.  You'll also be changed to run an ethernet connection from the ont to the router.

Contributor TheNeck
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(845 Views)

thanks for the help, i just had verizon send me a new gig/n router for the new speeds.

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 4
(833 Views)

@TheNeck wrote:

thanks for the help, i just had verizon send me a new gig/n router for the new speeds.

Make sure it's connected to the ont via ethernet.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.