Upgrading internet speed
dag3680
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have G1100 router connected to ONT via coax.  My current internet speed is 100Mbps. The house is coax wired in every room.  In one room I have a computer connected to a converted old Actiontec router configured to be a moca adapter.  I then connect the computer to an ethernet lan port on the adapter.  The adapter is connected to a coax port in the room.  Using the speedtest by Ookla I get the full 100Mbps.  If I upgrade to 200Mbps or beyond Verizon will connect an ethernet cable from the ONT to router. Since I have FIOS TV STBs, I know the coax connection from ONT to router will remain.  However, will I still be able to connect my computer via ethernet to my adapter and if I can, what speed will I get?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading internet speed
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, the router will support the MOCA adapter regardless if router gets wan connection via coax or lan.

Depending on what model MOCA adapter you have will govern if you will see speed increase on PC.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, the router will support the MOCA adapter regardless if router gets wan connection via coax or lan.

Depending on what model MOCA adapter you have will govern if you will see speed increase on PC.

dag3680
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for answering my question - it was very helpful.