Upload Increased to Match Download Speed -... "I am still on the Slow Escalator"
budz4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have had FiOS for quite a few years and love it.  Most recently, my internet was upgraded to give me matching 75 MBPS upload speed.  However, since receiving the upgrade my service became problamatic.  I DJ via SAM Broadcaster and my stream was cutting out quite a bit because SAMS was sending data (Upload) faster than my internet service was sending.  I broadcast at 192 kbps and because of problems had to back it down to 128 kbps because of the slow upload. Before the upgrade, my internet speed was 75 MBPS Download and 35 MBPS Upload.  While it was 35 MBPS my upload speed averaged about 30 MBPS.  However, after the upgrade my upload speed never gets close to 30 MBPS.   It is sporatic ranging from 1 MBPS to 15 MBPS.  All of this of course is wired testing direct to the Advanced FiOS Actiontec router.  Did all the usual testing... Factory reset the router, changed ethernet cables, tried testing with a couple difrerent laptops and same result.  I even did a self reboot of the ONT by powering it down, disconnecting the battery, then 20 min later powering back up.   Once I did what I know, of course I contacted Verizon via Chat Support.   They rebooted ONT, factory reset the router, had me run the optimizer etc.  Did multiple tests and could not get over 6 MBPS upload.  They worked with FiOS Network and did a few things.   Whatever they did seemed to put me up to around 15 MBPS when I did speed tests.   Of course, that was still not acceptable since I was provisioned for 75/75 service.  So, they setup a dispatch.   Today the FiOS Technician came out and did all the same testing.   They connected directly to the ONT with a device and confirmed the same test results.  That was a relief because it ruled out my computer, wiring, router, etc..etc...   The FiOS Tech replaced my ONT and BHR.  Once all of that was completed, retested.   After multiple tests, upload was still running in the 15 to 20 MBPS range.  They engaged the FSC and worked with a NT.  They tried to put the service on what was called "Dummy Cross Connects" and this did not make any difference.  The technician indicated it was being referred to In Home Network (IHN).  After the technician worked with IHN, they ended up re-initializing the PON card my service was provisioned to.   After that happened, my upload speed increased to over 50 MBPS which I could live with............   except, two hours after the technician left my upload speed has dropped back down into the 20 MBPS range.  Unfortunately, the problem has not been resolved.  Any suggestions from this forum would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Upload Increased to Match Download Speed -... "I am still on the Slow Escalator"
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi budz4u,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Upload Increased to Match Download Speed -... "I am still on the Slow Escalator"
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey budz4u

That's a really good question.  When you have a second, please click this link so you can talk to my team of tech's directly.

https://collaborateext.verizon.com/aims/aims/SocialMediaSupport.jsp?ID=nudz4uForums

0 Likes