Upload Speed Fluctuation
westwindsor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem back in Jnauary and thought it was solved!

Download is solid at 40-42, but my upload which used to be the same, 40-42, now fluctuates from 20 to 40...back in late January a tech came out and changed the splitter in my wall, and said he gave more power to the router...it did fix the problem instantly, but now its back,,,

anyone have any suggestions or is it time for another truck roll???

0 Likes
Re: Upload Speed Fluctuation
Lee_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Based on the tech's actions it sounds like the prior issue was signal related, hence the correction after the splitter change (assuming the splitter was culprit last time). It's possible you could be seeing similar symptoms from a loose cable or other physical issue with the coax. An easy way to test that theory would be to double check the cable from the wall to router is tight, change it out if you have a spare, also if its the run causing problems, temporarily try it on another coax jack and see if the problem remains. We can't rule out other possibilities, but this is a good place to start looking.

Lee_vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes