Upsetting Experience: $99 Fee for Self-installation and $149.99 for new replacement router charged?
CoCo1214

I have been a Verizon fios user since 2017. I recently moved from one unit to other unit on the same floor in the same apartment building on 6/1. My new unit has already equipped with Verizon fios. So I decided to transfer the service via website. 

During the order process, I saw that I can get waived on the $99.00 fee if I do the self-setup I didn't have an option not to choose self-setup in order to waive the $99.00 set up charge. I had to proceed with an order so I could set up the internet service ASAP. 

So I called the customer service on the day of reconnecting my service. She(the representative who helped me reconnecting the service) was very nice and supportive during the set up process. I also asked her about the set up charge and explained that I couldn't get rid of it during the order. She said that it will be waived since it was just done myself (connecting wire to the modem I had). 

Another thing that she mentioned was that she could send the new router which is faster and newer than my current one. I asked if it was free of charge and she explained as soon as I return my old router, it will be free of charge. So I ask to send the new one. 

About a month later, now, I checked my bill and 'WOW'ed. There are 2 charges made:

• $149.99 for Verizon Fios Router
  • $99.99 for Fios setup

So I called the customer service in order to resolve this issue. The one who was talking to me kept saying that the charge for Verizon router was purchased and setup charge is from the order that I made for transferring the service. I was pretty surprised by her response. I explained thoroughly about my move and transfer and self-setup, but she insisted to keep saying the same thing over and over again. (literally saying the things I already know) I even felt that her attitude was a bit rude when I spoke about the situation to her. So I asked her to transfer to the higher manager in order to elevate this matter. I was on hold for 20-30 minutes and she literally said 'I gave you a refund credit'. Okay, thank you. 

I asked her about the router. She said that the router was purchased. I told her that I never approved any purchase for new router and even sent out my old Verizon Quantum router back with the included return label. The router I got was literally the same fios quantum router(black tower like) that I had previously so not sure if it's an upgrade. I asked her if I could return it to get a full refund as well. She said no.  I was getting upset. I don't think I will not be able to resolve this with her so ended up the phone call. 

I reached out to other customer service representative and she assisted to me just return the equipment to the place that she sent me. Now I have another attempt to return it to get a full refund on the router I never needed. Hopefully they will give me a full refund. 

It seems like other customers had a similar experiences on the setup charge and router purchase. I think Verizon customer service need a significant improvement on its communication, order procedure, and handling situation like this. 

This is very upsetting experience as a Verizon customer. 

0 Likes
Re: Upsetting Experience: $99 Fee for Self-installation and $149.99 for new replacement router charg
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CoCo1214,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes