Use my own router setup with Verizon Fios
ericx

Hi there, wanted to know if I can use my router setup with Verizon Fios. Bascially, how I have it now is the modem connects to a router in the living room (both provided by my current ISP that I will have to return if I switch). That router in the living room is then connected to another router upstairs for more signal. I also have a router in the basement connected to that router in the living room. That way, I essentially have all three floors blanketed with wireless signal. My question is: Can I keep this setup? I know that Verizon has their own router, but can I use the provided router to connect it to the upstairs and basement router? Also, I have a security DVR and Ooma Telo that also needs to conenct to that Verizon router. Is this possible? Thanks

Also-- I'm interested in purchasing the Actiontec MI424WR Rev. 1 used from eBay with 50/50 internet service, and want it to work with my setup above. Any limitations? Suggestions? Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Use my own router setup with Verizon Fios
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are not using verizon stb for TV service, you can use any router easily.

it gets more complicated with their stb.

0 Likes
Re: Use my own router setup with Verizon Fios
Bertie07

I can vouch that you can use other routers in order to extend your connection.  My house has multiple drops throughout however the broadband is currently going through my own router (not Verizon's) while I wait for a replacement.

0 Likes