Use of a second router on FIOS

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Use of a second router on FIOS

Message 1 of 3
(14,213 Views)

Hello! I have some problem with my home network and I hope that you can advise me on some ways to resolve them.

I have Verizon FIOS Internet and TV, my router is Actiontec mi424. So, I need to improve my home network to get Wireless-N and gigabit-speed wired LAN (between computers in my home network). For this purpose I have Linksys E-3000 router.Please, help me with a solution that will cater to my needs in a way that will not affect FIOS function (such as FIOS TV).

Thank you in advance for eventual solutions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: Use of a second router on FIOS

Message 2 of 3
(14,205 Views)

The following FAQ is the easiest way to use your own router without impacting services provided by the VZ provided router:

Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Message 2 of 3
(14,206 Views)

The following FAQ is the easiest way to use your own router without impacting services provided by the VZ provided router:

Can I use my wireless or an extra router along with the Verizon provided router?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(14,178 Views)

I think it's works. Thank you very much! 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.